Monday, June 7, 2010

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

In an hour and a half I'm going to get the drains out! This is usually the more relief after the surgeries. The stitches are great to get removed, too, but the drains are so very cumbersome.

I spent last weekend trying to enjoy being mobile, and being outside. I went with the boy and a girlfriend to Descano Gardens outside of Pasadena. It was lovely. As you'll see below...



















Man, I love flowers. Aren't those so pretty? It made me want to be a wedding planner. It is (besides the beach) the most beautiful location for a wedding. 

My surgery was Wednesday, and it was paaainful. I woke up thinking "OH... this was a mistake." And the first four days after were brutal, but knowing in an hour my drains come out, makes me feel relieved and excited. 

For the first time in my life, I don't look at my body and think "Ugh, gross." I have put on a few pounds throughout this vacation from exercise, and I'm so so so looking forward to working them back off. With a couple months of hard work, I think I'll actually LOVE my body. What a concept! Blows my mind. 

I bought the book, "Intuitive Eating" because I cannot... CANNOT diet ever again. I loathe it. I also got Jillian Michaels' Hot Bod in a Box which is stuffed with 80-something different exercises. And come on! Jillian Michaels? She's pretty hardcore. Can't wait. 

I'm also kicking around the ideas of taking -- yoga, spinning, belly dancing, kettle bells, and CROSS FIT. Along with the usual running and cycling. And random cardio visits to the gym. Ohhh, I can't wait to get back in the groove. 

Because when I'm honest... all I wanna do is eat Mexican food and cookies. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the update. I've been worried about you. Glad to hear you actually got out last week. Congrats on getting the drains out. That must be such a relief. :)

    ReplyDelete